Monday, July 11, 2016

GoodReads

I really enjoy tracking things that I do. For me, social media acts as a journal for me. I really enjoy looking back over things I have done and reminiscing about them. I hate forgetting things and keeping track of things digitally is really interesting for me.

I also enjoy reading. I have enjoyed reading since I was young. Over the past few years, I have really gotten into listening to audio books. (I often find that people are either audiobook people or podcast people).

GoodReads combines my two interests. I can see how long it took me to complete each audiobook. I can also see how many books I've read in a year. As a rule for myself, I only include books that I have read 100% of and books that I remember reading. Books from more than a few years ago are often excluded.

I do browse through the books that my Facebook friends read. I also enjoy reading my friends' reviews of books. Often the books are really different than I enjoy reading, but I still find it interesting to see how they feel about different books. I also read reviews for books that I have already completed. It is interesting to see differing opinions about books.

If anyone happens to be curious about my GoodReads, here is my profile. I often read science fiction, fantasy, and popular press non-fiction books. Lately, I have been interested in books about language and Korea. Feel free to add me if you'd like.


**Please note, I based my spelling of "audiobook" based on this explanation.**

1 comment :

  1. Hi Bruce, that is really an impressive collection of books you have read! I think this is a great social networking tool for people to connect and interact with other avid readers through a common interest, and I am glad you have started this. As for me, I am almost too ashamed to admit that I am not really a reader, and if I were to read books, most of time it would be non-fictions or autobiographies, which I find more enjoyable. I did venture into the tool to browse around but decided that I do not really belong to the community. Have fun and hope this can be a fun and useful community for you!

    ReplyDelete