Friday, July 29, 2016

Produsage Project

I have really been enjoying working on the Produsage assignment so far.

For the assignment, I decided to follow something similar to my previous assignments. Most recently, I made a Pinterest board for Korean Language Learning for Kids. I found the visual nature of Pinterst was great for some aspects of what I wanted to convey, not not great for others. Pinterest was not good for fostering any kind of discussions. I decided to develop a subreddit similar to the one I observed during the Community assignment. I created a new subreddit to foster discussion: /r/KoreanForKids.

I have been working on populating the subreddit with links. No one wants to be the first poster on a blank site! I am also working on posting discussion questions to help generate discussion. I have contacted the moderators of /r/Korean to get permission to promote my new subreddit. I hope they approve as this could really drive some needed traffic to my subreddit.

I really think that this has the potential to become a thriving community. If it is even moderately successful, I will continue running this subreddit even after the course ends.

1 comment :