Thursday, August 4, 2016

My Blog Stats Reflection

This is my first blog post that I have ever continuously kept. I am always curious about metrics, so I have been following my page stats. It is always interesting to see which posts get popular and which ones remain obscure. Here are my top 10 posts of all-time by page views:

The #1 post is actually a bit of a surprise to me. It really didn't seem like an especially good or inspired post. It was pretty short and shared a link. I think it was popular just because it was my second post and I set up my blog earlier than many of the other students in class.

The #2 post is probably the post I am most proud of. I think I found a meme that perfectly encapsulated what I was trying to say. It took me a long time to write that post and to make it say what I wanted, but I was really happy with it.

I had 3 #3 posts.
One was just about Reddit. I wanted to sum up some ideas I had about reddit. I am happy with the discussions it generated. This post had the most comments of any of my posts. It had more than double its closest post.

My OERCommons post actually had a few people from Twitter read it. It has a small audience outside of our class. The OERCommons official Twitter feed responded to me about it.

My Goodreads post got more views than I expected it to have. It only had one comment, but it tied for the third most views.

I really liked doing these blogs. Reflection is really important for learning, especially online. I still have a few more posts to go!

No comments :

Post a Comment